|Welcome to Wrightstown Community School District|
|"excellence in student achievement"
|"quality education for every student"
Student learning is the district’s highest priority.
- Student learning is composed of:
human and social development
- All students can learn, can demonstrate what they have learned, and their learning is measurable.
- Students learn best when there is a continuous challenge to achieve at higher levels and when instruction is differentiated to accommodate student learning needs.
- Student learning is enhanced when there is an environment that fosters a joy of learning, positive student relations, honesty, trust, responsibility and respect.
- As we interact in an ever-changing globally diverse environment, students must demonstrate consideration and understanding for the diversity of thought, beliefs, and people.
- Family, students, staff and community all share the responsibility of providing a productive, safe and compassionate learning environment.
- Ongoing professional development ensures a highly qualified staff, which is necessary for student success.
- Annual District goal setting is important to ensure focus on continuous district improvement and that decision-making will be based on the use of data.
- the ability to be ready for further education and the workforce upon high school graduation
- the opportunity to be challenged individually to reach the greatest potential in reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, and science
- the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, including the ability to access, synthesize and present information
- the ability to think critically, utilize information and information-technology to solve problems, to develop opinions and to make decisions
- the opportunity to ask questions, critque and cite evidence, and apply knowledge
human and social development
- the knowledge and understanding of the rights, privileges and responsibilities of United States and global citizenship
- the knowledge and positive habits they need to be physically and emotionally healthy individuals
- the understanding of the importance of daily attendance, punctuality and active engagement in the learning process
- the knowledge and skills required to be socially responsible citizens who give back to the community as a whole
- the ability to demonstrate consideration and understanding for the diversity of thought, beliefs and people
- the skill, work ethic, concentration, and stamina to repsond to rigorous levels of accountability and learning
- the competencies they need to be self-directed individuals who display initiative, set priorities, establish career and life goals
- the knowledge and understanding of the range of career choices available to them and the actions required to pursue specific career paths
- the skills required to work effectively and safely with others
- the independence and self-sufficiency to analyze, problem solve, set goals, and take responsiblity for college and career readiness
- the ability to build relationships through communication with teachers and school administration
- the understanding of the importance for independence and accountability for their children
- the knowledge and understanding for the need to have children prepared, on-time and ready to learn
- the understanding for the need to provide a conducive environment for homework that fosters independence, stamina for learning, problem solving, and self-reliance
- the ability to access and utilize all resources available to foster a positive and stable environment for children